Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
(4-Week Seminar) Job Happiness: What it is, where it exists and how to achieve it.
Monday, January 9, 2012 at 7:00 PM - Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 9:00 PM (CST)
Unhappy at your current job? A 2010 Time magazine poll revealed that more than half of Americans are. The way we’re working (clearly) isn’t working.
We’re on a mission to change that.
Join the co-founders of DreamChamps.com for a four-week job happiness course that will help you discover:
- What work you would be most passionate about doing.
- What attributes define all great companies to work for.
- What your strongest skill sets are.
- How to set yourself apart in a competitive job market.
- Who the best companies to work for in Chicago are.
This list just scratches the surface of what we’ve designed to be an incredibly interactive and proactive class that will help you discover and start down a new path in your career.
It’s our goal to not only inspire you, but also to provide you with tangible action steps that will move you closer to landing your dream job.
Week One (Monday, Jan 9th): Learn about positive psychology and how you can reap the benefits of a happier and more positive mindset. The first class will also focus on personal goal setting, and the work atmopshere differences between small, medium and large business.
Week Two (Tuesday, Jan 17th): The second class will be all about unveiling your personal strengths and skills. Participants will take the StrengthFinders test and we will discuss the best ways to showcase your assets when looking for the perfect position.
Week Three (Tuesday, Jan 24th): Week three will focus on finding the sweet spot: aka utilizing your skills and passions to do a job that someone is willing to pay you for. Time will be spent highlighting Chicago companies that are getting it right and what positions they hire for. We’ll also re-visit the personal goals everyone set earlier in the course.
Week Four (Tuesday, Jan 31st): The last session will be all about personal branding, both online and off. We'll show you which online platforms are worth your time and which to avoid, along with networking techniques that will get your foot in the door at any company.
What: A four-week workshop dedicated to helping you understand - and begin to find - job happiness.
Where: Topics (a brand new coworking space) 2122 N Halsted St., Chicago, IL
When: Four 2-hour sessions. See dates below.
- 7-9pm: Monday, January 9th, 2011
- 7-9pm: Tuesday, January 17th, 2011
- 7-9pm: Tuesday, January 24rd, 2012
- 7-9pm: Tuesday, January 31st, 2012
Why: Because life is too short to do work you hate.
When & Where
A 2010 Time survey revealed that less than half of Americans are satisfied with their jobs.
It’s our mission to change that.
Call us idealistic, but we believe that if people had a better understanding of what fulfills them at work - and if companies better understood how to build atmospheres that fostered happiness - we’d already be on our way there.
Luckily, some trailblazing companies have already prioritized employee happiness. Since you’re here reading this page, we assume you’re interested in learning more about them. Now it’s time to connect those dots!
Our mission is two fold:
1) To provide an online resource that helps you identify great companies to work for by city and then gives you an inside look at their mission, values and workplace. We don’t take payment from companies to be featured (read more about that here) - and promise that all companies featured adhere to our DreamChamps-approved company litmus test.
2) To provide inspiration and education to both individuals and companies on what action steps facilitate better workplaces and more fulfilling jobs. We plan to do this through events, trainings and an annual Job Happiness Summit.
You spend roughly 2,080 hours a year working. We are here to make sure those hours bring you as much fulfilment and happiness as possible.
After all, life is too short to do work you hate.